We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 8 email error wont send

theDarkness

Likes # 0

You may not have the correct settings, depending on the email address being used (similar thread and link here, if you are using the windows 8 mail app). The Windows 8 mail app may well have problems that need to be addressed in future, as I found it to have synching problems with particular emails for no good reason. It wouldnt show them. If your settings are correct, whether you are using Windows Live Mail or the windows 8 mail app, you could try re-installing either, to the latest versions if possible, see if that makes any difference. I would probably try to make sure I did not have more than one mail client running also, eg if always using Windows Live Mail, there is no need for the windows mail application to also be running.Turn it off or uninstall it.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you are looking at email from the Win 8 App then set it running go over to the far right hand side of the screen and open the Charms, click on Settings, then on Accounts, select the email account that you are having problems with - you don't say if it is gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc. - and scroll down to see the SMTP port settings. For Yahoo it should be Port 465, other accounts will have their own settings and you can Google for those.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...