We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help needed please c:/user problem

paulhis777

Likes # 0

hello please can someone help when i start internet explorer i get this message THERE WAS A PROBLEM STARTING C:USER\THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND

this even pops up when i open outlook to look at my emails ? thank you Paul PS i put back my computer to an early restore point but still pops up !!!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Try this

A repair might sort it.

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

thanks for that link did the scan and restarted computer but that box is still popping up the scan found NO issues thank you Paul P S using windows 7

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Any other information with the error popup?

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

hello no just this

THERE WAS A PROBLEM STARTING C:USER\THE SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND thanks Paul PS anything else I can try ?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It looks like a profile corruption as there are no other errors showing. Create another account with administrator privileges within your account so you have two admin accounts.

Two options to follow,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

http://www.inanis.net/blog/index.php/2012/07/20/correcting-or-fixing-a-corrupt-user-profile-in-windows-7/

Like this post
paulhis777

Likes # 0

thank you both for your help the 2 links you sent me look a little more difficult will I do any damage to my computer or lose files ? I was hoping for something more easy !!!! thank you Paul

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen