We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Error - Empty Response from Server

finca tony

Likes # 0

Whenever I try to access a particular website I get the message 'This Page Can't be Displayed' or an error message 'Empty Response from Server'. This has only occurred since a Windows 7 update a couple of months ago and applies to no other site, Sometimes I may get access but as soon as I try to open up another page then the same problem occurs. On occasions it is possible to leave the window with the message open and then refresh later and get access with possible progression further. This tends to happen with all browsers in one form or another. I have asked other users of the site if they have had similar problems but none have so are unable to advise me. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong forum but as I said it has only happened since an update.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Have you tried using a different browser to see if it works ok on that.

Was it an update from IE9 to IE10.

Maybe post the site address to see if it it works ok for others on here.

Like this post
finca tony

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have tried both Chrome and Firefox without success, and also contacted the site but no-one else has reported the problem. It was a normal Windows 7 update on shutting down which seemed to create a number of problems but I don't seem to have trouble accessing any other websites, so am at a bit of a loss. Have tried to contact Microsoft Support but have been unable to successfully submit the problem.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Can you copy and paste the website so that we can try it and see if we have difficulty on using it.

Maybe try Internet Options.Security.And make sure they are set to default.

Or go to Advanced and press restore advanced settings.

or maybe try with your firewall switched off.

Like this post
finca tony

Likes # 0

Thanks for the help and advice Jock1e. After saying it must be something I was doing wrong the site the owners finally found the problem on their site. Their firewall was blocking my access for some. Anway all solved now and access has been restored.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July