We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Backup Is Not Incremental

griffon56
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi All,

I've set my Win7-64 machine to backup to a USB Hard Drive regularly each week. After the first backup I thought that it would do incremental backups, but it does complete backups each time. How do I change this behaviour, please?

Regards

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

lotvic

I think I'll stick to Acronis, at least I understand how to use that.

Me too for sure!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

griffon56 - more here (just to confuse the issue) enter link description here

Like this post
griffon56

Likes # 0

Hi All,

Yes, wee eddie, I have discovered that, in fact, backups set thro' the scheduler ARE incremental, but, unless I've got a uniquely quirky machine they all have the same title with only a number to show a difference in sequence. For example, when you find the Backup many layers down in a lengthy path, it's titled Backup 1, then 2 and so on for each different time the increments are backed up. Very often the backup only consists of Application Data because, presumably, I've not created anything but have only used various programs. It's one of those MS things, it doesn't quite do what it says on the tin. It backs up OK, but each one is difficult to find, is not listed on the backup scheduler and each has almost the same title. Thank you all for your attention. I've now remembered to click the grey tick!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 10 most ridiculously opulent, mega expensive and utterly stupid gadgets you can't afford

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Free QuarkXPress update offers redlining, notes and image enhancement