We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Saved Logins Not Being Saved in IE10?

exbrum

Likes # 0

Hello, I have noticed that since my pc 'auto updated' to IE10, after a few sessions on the web I have to re login to pages I previously asked to 'remember me'. Example, forums, and 'weather forecast locations' to mention but a few. Have checked IE options but cannot find anything to rectify this, any suggestions would be appreciated.

My specs, W7 Home Prem SP1, 32 bit. IE 10.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check in internet options, general tab,browsing history, delete tab, that the box for 'preserve favourite website data is ticked, then apply, ok.

Like this post
exbrum

Likes # 0

Hello rdave13,

Checked it out and is as you explained it should be? Very strange one this. Just checked my 'outlook' email programme and didn't need to log into it as it remembered me this time but give it another day or so I will have to log myself back in instead of opening automatically.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Do you use CCleaner regularly? The default setting removes some auto log ins such as this site.

Like this post
exbrum

Likes # 0

Hello john bunyan,

No I don't, but I may have narrowed it down to my Norton Security Suite, if I do a manual quick scan, which I don't do every day, to get rid of tracking cookies etc, that is when I have noticed they ask me to log back in again! I looked at the settings there but there doesn't appear to be anything you can adjust so that it doesn't do this.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......