We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 8 toolbar can i enlarge them.

gardenator

Likes # 0

How can i make the toolbars larger and easier to see on windows 8

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I can't find any way of doing it. If you right click the desktop, personalise, then display you can enlarge text on virtually everything except the toolbars!

However this might help but could be annoying in a way. Right click desktop, personalise, then select Ease of Access on bottom left. Select 'start magnifier'. you get a small pane up, or if not showing click on magnifying glass or icon on taskbar. Select views then 'docked'. This will dock the magnifier to the top of the browser and you can shorten it to your needs. Now that dock will magnify to your settings wherever the mouse pointer is. On the taskbar you could 'pin' the icon so once you've finished with magnifier just right click the taskbar icon and select close window. You could also click on the magnifying glass, which opens the small magnifier pane and click on the 'X'.

When you need it again simply left click on the icon on the taskbar.

That's the best solution I can find.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone