We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

adding an extra hhd in windows 8

Likes # 0

I tried to make the process in PC Advisor Nov 2012 page 110 work in windows 8 but I'm not getting far. The process was to use windows library on an extra hdd so saving all files, music, videos, photos onto this extra hdd instead of the main C drive which is an SSD. Any knowledge?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

All I've done is to change the default download folder in my browsers to a pre created folder on my data drive. So all downloads go there. I've also created folders for Music, videos etc and copy or rip the info to these folders.

On the C drive I right click the Music library icon, for example, select properties, select add, then browse to the Music folder on the data drive and select then apply and OK. So any music I have stored in the data drive Music folder shows up in the Music Library on the C drive. Same with the Videos, Documents etc.

Like this post

Likes # 0

rdave13

Many thanks. seems to be fine with that. Progressing along. Cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer