We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 7 flash player crashing

denis93

Likes # 0

i use firefox and windows 7 to play cityville on facebook,but it keeps telling me the flash player has crashed,now this could be a fault of the game,but my friends dont seem to have the same problem,is there alternatives to flash player i could try?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 1

Have you checked in add ons to see if it is enabled or not or needing updated.

You could try clicking on Help.Troubleshooting information.And press reset Firefox to see if that makes any difference.

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

thanks but is there any other programs that i could try instead of flash player as it crashes about 30 times a day,ive tried the latest updates then removed them and tried old versions,i dont know what else to do.

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

i am trying this

Plugin hang detector

In Firefox 3.6.4 and above, a plugin hang detector determines when an out-of-process plugin or plugin script has stopped responding, so that Firefox can terminate the plugin. The time period that must pass before the plugin is assumed to be locked up is set in the preference dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs (the default is 45 seconds in Firefox 3.6.6). [11] When Firefox terminates a plugin that is no longer responding, you will see the "plugin has crashed" error dialog shown above. To prevent Firefox from terminating plugins it considers non-responsive, set dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs to -1 in about:config. This disables the plugin hang detector but does not disable OOPP or stop "plugin-container" from running; to do that, you must set the dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.* preferences to "false" (see above).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund