We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

medion p8610 very slow after factory reset

denis93
Resolved

Likes # 0

i have done a factory reset on my laptop and now its running slower,especially websites that require use of flash player like cityville,i done all the windows and flash player updates,done antivus and spyware and malware scans,any ideas welcome,thank you

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Have a look in Device Manager for yellow exclamation marks.

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

thanks jock1e already did that im baffled,i even checked for updates for network card.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 1

Its possibly all the crapware that comes pre installed on machines nowadays.

Make sure your not running more than one antivirus such as MSE and Norton or MacAfe.

Like this post  
denis93

Likes # 0

ha ha fruitbat thats a brill description crapware lol,but all crapware is removed cheers

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Is it the computer that is running slow or internet explorer.

If I/E try Firefox see if that is quicker.

Keep checking Windows updates to see if it finds any driver updates.

Depending on how old the laptop is maybe you need to update the motherboard drivers.Chipset's etc.

Go into msconfig and you should be able to untick some of the crapware that came with the Factory settings and are not needed at start up.

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

jock1e,i did all that,but i dont know how to update motherboard,and i dont even know what a chipset is.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

If you download Speccy or SIW any of those two will give you all the information about your computer that you require.

Once you find out which motherboard it is you can go to the makers site for the latest updates or go to your computer manufacturer and see what updates they have for it.

You don't have Trusteer Rapport on your computer do you as that tends to cause a few problems.

If you don't use Windows Defender disable it in Services and stop it from running.

Now like most new computers you will probably have new Security programs on your computer since you restored it back to factory settings.

Did you delete them properly or do you use them.

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

wow thats great information,thank you very very much,i do have trusteer rapport should i delete it?

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1 CPU Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T6500 @ 2.10GHz 83 °C Penryn 45nm Technology RAM 4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18) Motherboard Medion P8610 (Socket 479) 77 °C Graphics Generic PnP Monitor (1680x945@60Hz) 512MB GeForce 9600M GS (Mitac) 256MB GeForce 9100M G (Mitac) ForceWare version 187.52 SLI Disabled Hard Drives 466GB Seagate ST950032 5AS SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 32 °C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10N SCSI CdRom Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

just a thought are the cpu and motherboard to hot?,i have the laptop sitting on a cooling pad and there is a wee usb fan blowing on it to try and keep it cool

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......