We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

typing problems

Gill Sepe

Likes # 0

When I am typing, either a document or an email, for example, the cursor always randomly jumps to somewhere else in the document so I end up typing in the middle of a previous sentence. Also entire chunks of a document suddenly self delete without any key being touched. As I have a brand new laptop and it's the first time I've used Windows 8 I'm not sure whether is a windows 8 issue or a laptop fault.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I would suggest a hardware problem rather than software. As it's new I would return it as faulty or inform the seller of the problem.

Like this post
jaritch

Likes # 0

I suggest you are perhaps touching the trackpad with your hands while typing. Check the settings and either decrease the sensitivity or turn off the feature which enables you to click by touching the trackpad.

Like this post
edwardsmithnice

Likes # 0

In my opinion it might be some hardware problem of your keyboard maybe some keys remain stuck in the keyboard my advice is that you make a call to some experienced and highly qualified windows tech support team member for solving your problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...