We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win 8 Printing

wvevie

Likes # 0

How can I or even, can I, print more than one picture per sheet? Not more than one of the SAME picture, but DIFFERENT pictures on the same sheet. I did it with Photo Wizard before but so far I haven't figured this out with Win 8. Any help would be appreciated.

Like this post
wvevie

Likes # 0

I'm guessing from the lack of response that this just can't be done in Win 8.

Like this post
jaywoo

Likes # 0

Like this post
wvevie

Likes # 0

Jaywoo

Your link covers simple printing which I'm perfectly capable of doing.

The question is can Win 8 print different pictures on one sheet. For example: I have 4 different pictures and I want one of each of them on one sheet of paper. Not 4 copies of the same picture. Can Win 8 do that?

I'm figuring - no.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

What I do is create a new folder on the desktop. Copy and paste (or drag) the photos you wish to print to the folder. Open the folder, select all then right click and select print. The print pictures pane opens. On the right hand side select the amount of photos to print. For example for seven images I select the 'wallet' size that will print up to nine photos.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just found an even easier method. Press the CTRL key when selecting photos, right click one of the highlighted pictures and select print, you go to the print pictures pane, then as above.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Another way is with Paint. Select a photo, right click and open with Paint. Reduce the size if required then drop the zoom to 25%. Expand the page from the photo so you see more white space.

Right click another photo and select to open with paint. Reduce the size if required. Again reduce the zoom ( at the bottom) to 25%. Easier to work with. Now select the 'select' icon at the top and using the cursor surround the photo and select copy or paste.

Back to the original Paint window and select paste. It will paste on top of the first photo so simply drag to the white space created earlier. You can carry on doing this for any amount of photos. This way you can see the print preview and adjust whatever is needed.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Error, surround the photo and select copy or paste, should be ...and select copy or cut

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Another great freebie is Paint.Net. There's a lot of tutorials for this program on the net, click here and they have their own forums for help, click here, if you want to manipulate your photos.

Like this post
wvevie

Likes # 0

Fantastic! Thanks everyone. I really thought it couldn't be done.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers