We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

User profile

kapil6271

Likes # 0

How to delete user profile in windows XP and windows7 ? What is use of user profile and what is advantage of deleleting user profile?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

The user is.... YOU.

The Operating System is XP or Windows 7

and a user profile is the OS's remembering all your tweaks and other programs you have installed to use.

If you delete the user profile the OS will be like a Car with no one to hold the steering wheel and work the pedals.

The OS does have a built in Administrators account to fall back on and that can't be deleted.

Like this post
kapil6271

Likes # 0

Means if we delete the user profile, all history related to installed programs, internet browser history will get clear...

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Is this related to the problem opening a .pdf file? other thread

You must give more details of any and all problems and programs you are having trouble with And any error messages that appear.

It is best to stick with one thread or you will get conflicting advice and end up with more problems than you started with.

Suggest you close one of the threads by clicking on big grey tick to the right of any of the posts. Tick will turn green and thread marked 'Resolved' when page is refreshed.

Like this post
jaywoo

Likes # 0

Sounds like study/exam questions.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

jaywoo, I agree, thanks for pointing that out, saves us wasting any more of our time.

Like this post
kapil6271

Likes # 0

this is not related with pdf issue.... i want to give my laptop friend for use...So i want clear all accessed paths in my system & internet browsing history...i can clear browsing history but the URL's which accessed by me through "run(win + r)" are still there So how to clear these and all other URL's ..

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

i want to give my laptop friend for use.

Reset the laptop to factory conditions

Use the wipe clear space tool in CCleaner to make sure nothing is recoverable from the drive.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK