We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Single Language Slower Direct Downloads

mahrob

Likes # 0

Hi All,

I have recently purchased HP Envy Sleekbook and it came with pre-installed Windows 8 Single Language Edition.

The issue I am facing is, when I download using torrents, I get adequate download speed. But when I go for direct downloads from sites like uploaded.net or rapdigator.net (premium accounts on both), the download speed drops to less than 50KB/s.

Is there any changes I can do that would relieve me of this pain!

Thanks.

Mahrob

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

torrents, are downloaded from Hundreds of users at the same time.

With the other two you download from a single server.

Easy when you know how it works..

Is there any changes I can do that would relieve me of this pain!: You could always Purchase the Films... That way you won't get any Nasties on your New Toy, Plus, it helps the Rich get Richer......

Like this post
mahrob

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply. Yes, as you mentioned, torrents are faster as opposed to the direct downloads. I don't use it for pirated downloads, I did that just to check if the issue was actually with my bandwidth.

I resolved the problem to an extent. I downloaded driver for my wireless from HP's website and update the driver. Now I get decent speed on direct downloads as well.

Thanks again for your comments.

-Mahrob.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...