We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

UAC locked out

marty1966

Likes # 0

unable to update anything on my laptop, if I try it says it needs permission and to say yes to allow administrator to allow changes. Unfortunately the yes option is greyed out. Was messing around with User Accounts last week and must have locked myself out. I have password.

Like this post
wizzboy

Likes # 0

marty 1966 drop me a line at my email and I will send you the password tool,

Like this post
marty1966

Likes # 0

not sure if it's early or I'm atupid:) but how do I access your email?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Can you not get into your computer at all.

if you can you can try this.

click here

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Will it start in safe mode and maybe do a last good configuration.

Safe Mode is Hold down the Shift button while tapping F8 as the computer starts.

On the old windows Xp you could log into the computer using the the computer administrator sign in.Not sure if you can do that on W/8

Like this post
wizzboy

Likes # 0

marty 1966

my email is [email protected]

Like this post
wizzboy

Likes # 0

As far as I know , there are two main methods to solve the windows password problem as follows: 1st Method: Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it'll show Classic Login box. Now type \Administrator\ (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows. Now you can reset your account password from \Control Panel - User Accounts. Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen. 2th Method: Windows password reset software: for example:Windows Password Reset. It is easy and convenient to use.

hope that will help you, and do remember to make a password reset disk

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes