We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet will not run under one user.

Cherry24

Likes # 0

Okay, I have 3 users on my Windows Vista Inspiron 530S PC. Two of these are administrators, and one of them is just a regular account. I just recently changed the status of my account to administrator, so i was not the original administrator. The problem is, I am able to access the internet on my account and the guest account only. I am not able to do so on the original administrator account and I was able to before. How do I fix this?

Like this post
jaywoo

Likes # 0

How do you connect to the internet - with a cable or wirelessly?

Like this post
Dell-Harish

Likes # 0

Hi Cherry24 ,

My name is Harish and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell .The Problem could be due to a incorrect firewall settings on that user account Or Files related to the user account faulty.

Ensure your antivirus and firewall programs are up to date and the firewall settings correct. Run a scan for on the PC . Run a system file checker to ensure all the windows and user related files are intact ( Check the Link below for more info ).

http://dell.to/14equ5U

If Still have the same issue, Backup the Files from the account , create a new account and transfer the files ( Check the Link Below )

http://www.howtogeek.com/79785/add-a-user-account-in-windows-vista/

Regards,

Dell-Harish K

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made