We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

what backup should i use

chippy+

Likes # 0

hi

i am going to try backupper backup software should i use disc backup or system backup i have used acronis and macrium reflect in the past but like to try out new software thanks chippy

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

As you like to try out new software, why not try it out both ways to see what you think of it.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have my disc partitioned 100 gig for Op systems and programmes (C:), and the balance for data (F:), all in a master folder called "My Documents" with sub and sub sub folders such as "Word Docs", "Music" , "Photos" etc. I have a number of other drives. For the C drive I use Acronis to do an image, verified(to another drive), every couple of weeks after an anti virus and anti malware scan and a defrag. I use Freefileshnch every day to make a "mirror image" of the data partition (Far quicker than Acronis) . About once a month I make an Acronis clone of the whole main drive to yat another HD. Acronis seems to be well praised on this forum.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...