We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NIC specific application setting in Windows 7

arijit.ray81

Likes # 0

Hello,

I need some help. I have a PC running Windows 7 Home Basic. The PC has a LAN interface and a WiFi interface. Both the LAN and WiFi have individual IP addresses and connects to two different routers.

What I'm trying to do is have IE10 connect only through the LAN card that connects to my computer's router. & have all other applications use the WiFi adapter to connect to the internet.

So far, I have tried to use ForceBindIP to bind the applications and use Route command to route the traffic.. but will no success.

Can someone please provide me detailed steps to go about this? I can be reached at arijit.ray81@gmail.com

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

This thread on tomshardware may be of help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days