We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows installer for Win 7 64 bit

anniesboy68

Likes # 0

I am having trouble with my Windows installer

I'm getting the message "The windows installer service could not be accessed. this could occur if the installer is not correctly installed Contact bla bla bla etc.I have been on line and followed instructions to check it and all seems ok. Have also dome scan now from the command prompt and also used Mr fix it all to no avail. Have downloaded a win 7 64bit installer file but it appears to be not the right one. Does anyone know where I can access the correct one, please

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have you tried the system file checker? option 2 here.

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Yes have done all that. Have checked its in manual mode. Thanks anyway

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

How about a system restore to before the problem?

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Tried that, could be a heat problem, will open it up Tuesday. Ab68

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a read here. Hopefully it will help.

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Thanks, will try BUT I have successfully downloaded a program FS Commander, right clicked on the exe file and all was loaded ok as with another program I loaded. BUT.. the previous version of FS Commander would not go as with another similar prog. Very confusing indeed. Also please ignore the post re the heat problem thats another issue. AB68

Like this post
jaywoo

Likes # 0

Have you read/tried this? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2642495

Like this post
jaywoo

Likes # 0

The correct installer version is Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x64.msu here ; http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8483

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Thanks Jawoo, have tried those. However at the moment all seems ok, programs are going on with no fuss at all. The installer when accessed seems to be in working order, all the right wording ie "manual" etc seem ok. I am going to leave things as they are for now. Thanks all others for suggestions.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance