We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IE10 problems on Windows 8

InTechBarb

Likes # 0

I just purchased a new PC and when I close the browser I get this message: Internet Explorer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. And there is a Close Program button at the bottom of the box. I can't get into my Credit Union's web site with IE, so I downloaded Google Chrome - I can get in with Google Chrome with no problem. I want to uninstall IE10 and reinstall, but I don't see it listed in the Control Panel's list of applications. What am I doing wrong or what am I overlooking?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

IE 10 is part of Windows features and listed under that. You can untick and not use it. I'm not sure how to re-install.

However your problem with your credit union may be due to compatibility. Put IE into compatibility mode and see if it works.

Like this post
steviekm

Likes # 0

hi, had a similar problem with IE10 where it would do exactly the same without warning. This went on for a couple of months or so-but since i changed my antivirus/security to Norton (360 in my case and internet security on my wife's pc) this hasn't happened once.

Like this post
steviekm

Likes # 0

for some reason the above posted before i finished--- I was going to say that either this was sorted out by the recent updates,a coincidence or maybe an issue with your current security software; all I know is that in the past 2 months since switching to norton mine has been spot on good luck

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today