We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Form Validation Summary box comes up

junef

Likes # 1

I went into a web site to update my account. I clicked on personaliser and got the form up to amend, but a box came up which said

"Cannot find validation summary element "Form validation summary". Make sure you've put an element with the ID into your HTML document."

It won't let me go any further. I am on Windows8 (Yuk!)with latest Explorer When I try it on my old computer using Vista (Aah - those were the days!!!) and using a much older Explorer - it works fine.

The lady I spoke to at the site said it must be my Internet provider - what does that mean? and who do I go to for help? Is it a Windows8 problem?

Like this post
bljo

Likes # 0

I have a similar problem to junef ( form validation summary )and am looking for the answer to overcoming it

Like this post
junef

Likes # 0

bljo

I have just accessed the problem site again, and had same error message - BUT then a message came up to say it was because their site was not yet compatible with Internet Explorer10 - would you believe it!!!!! They told me to go to Tools on the Toolbar and select Compatibility View option. I did this and can now get in to the Account OK. Hope this works for you junef

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...