We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Protection Programs Win 7 Computer

Billp64
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, Have had problems which I have now solved, have Avast Internet Security and System Mechanic on computer, is this enough security against attacks or do I need another program such as Malewarebytes or perhaps any another suggestions. I think an attack caused my problems and would like to make sure as secure as possible. Any suggestions appreciated, also not sure any more where to mark threads as sorted. Thanks.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

No you don't have enough, but the addition of MalwareBytes would solve this. Others might say even more is needed, but as long as you have One good Anti-virus and one or two like MalwareBytes or SAS, plus careful use of the Internet and not opening 'strange' emails etc, you should be fine.

To mark thread as resolved simply click on one of the grey ticks on the right of the text area, then click on the Post button below.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You want Malwarebytes Pro or Emisoft Anti Malware which I always use.

Emisoft

£12 For one computer or £16 for 3 computers.

Nothing usually gets past that.It has to be renewed every year but Malwarebytes Pro is a one off payment which lasts a lifetime.

Like this post
Billp64

Likes # 0

Thanks very much will sort this out, appreciate your help.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Should have added if you are thinking of buying Emisoft from that site make sure your e-mail address is correct as they e-mail you the keycode.

I think this deal for MalwareBytes Pro is still open for less than £12.

Malwarebytes Pro

Like this post
Billp64

Likes # 0

Thank you very much for the link Malwarebytes Pro with the offer I have taken that up, bought and installed. Appreciate what you have done.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ok Billp64

You should be fine with that and Avast Internet security.Maybe download SpywareBlaster as well that is free and you just need to update it about every 4-6 weeks.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback