We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Tile question

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

Having worked with XP for 10 years my neighbour has acquired his first PC a Toshiba laptop. He finally managed to switch

it on yesterday with the use of an 'Idiots Guide' book.

He has an 'Email' tile that accesses BT Internet, but the only email I could set up for him yesterday is the Yahoo mail.

Which for some reason remains on view when IE is opened. Which at the moment is handy.

How do I swop the BT link in the tile for the Yahoo one?

Or do I have to create a new tile? If so how?

Have emailed him several links to W8 'how to do's so they hopefully will be accessible from his laptop next time

I visit. ( Only lives 30 yards away.)

Thanks.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It's pretty easy to create a new tile.

Right click on a blank space in the start screen and select 'All apps'.

Now find the one you want, and right click on it. Select 'Pin to start', and the new tile will be created. You may want to move it from the end of the list, where it will go be default, and you can do that by dragging it.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

FE

Thanks.

What I am trying to do is to provide a Tile or short cut for his Yahoo email website.

Can I just drag the web address to the desktop or copy/paste as in XP?

Or ideally replace the BT one in the Mail Tile with his Yahoo one.

I'm pretty good with XP, but the first look at W8 yesterday put me back 10 years!!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

On the desktop open the browser to the web page you need to create a desktop shortcut. Slide one edge of the page so you can see part of the desktop then just drag the icon on the left of the addy bar to the desktop.

As for the mail tile, open the tile, mouse pointer to right corner to open the charms bar. Select settings, accounts then add an account for yahoo mail.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

rdave13

Thanks.

Wasn't sure if it worked similar to XP, but obviously does.

Like this post  
sumonviya

Likes # 0

With regards to a lot of app websites have got these notice. That provide this customers in which saving it and investing in your application form is very protected. Hence, it is boost potentials of their total program for being a great deal more patronized. That is the pretty clever concept within the EasyLifeApp.

You ought to for just anyone to endeavor this EasyLifeApp . It’s valuable together with simple intended for daily utilize. It again offers superb advantage. Not to mention I’m extremely energized in the event this particular application immediately has her tweets. It’s in fact shrewd.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad