We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

acer v-3 531 and window 8

wizzboy

Likes # 0

yet again i had another go of trying to install window 8 on this laptop acer v-3 531 and up dated all the drivers, and it failed to work, so i,ve come to think that window 8 is doomed, there is talk that they are working on window 9, so may window 8 R.I.P

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

There is talk that blue will be an update, as in the old SP updates, for Windows 8. I don't know. Contact Acer why you can't update. It's their built machine and they should have all the answers for hardware drivers.

Like this post
wizzboy

Likes # 0

done all that,i have even done a bios up date, i have an old hp tower and window 8 install went on that with no trouble at all. acers lap tops seem to be the main ones that windows 8 dont like, er code seem,s to be 00000x1.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

If it was an upgrade it is best to do a clean install and not take your programs with you.

Unfortunately you would loose your back to factory settings unless you save that.

It should take all of your drivers with you from your previous version of windows I know it did with mine.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

There is a lot of talk on both Win 9 and Win blue but feel blue will be here before 9. Neither of which will return to the start menu we all used Even touchscreen will be replaced with systems controlled by the users eyes

A lot on these is now posted on the internet

http://www.windows9update.com/category/windows-9-news/

It may not just Win 8 RIP desktops and laptops may well go the same way

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

60 Million Win 8 Licenses have been sold so I would hardly say that "Windows 8 is doomed."

Here is a link to the Acer support page for the UK it includes another link to their Upgrade Assistant. Did you run that before your tried to upgrade?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

[60 Million Win 8 Licenses have been sold so I would hardly say that "Windows 8 is doomed." ]

That is about the population of the Uk so a very poor result if it is a World Wide count.

And it does not count the ones that went back to W/7 because they could not get on with W/8

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'