We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

slipstream dvd of w8

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Am i right in thinking there is no way to make a slipstream dvd of w8 with updates & drivers if the w8 came pre installed?

tried to download an ISO but microsoft told me contact samsung but they do not provide a download link for w8 iso downloads.

• Tags:
  • w8
Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The only suggestions I can make is to create an image of your drive using something like Acronis, Paragon or freebie programs such as Easeus todo. If it's a laptop I'd also create the 'restore to factory settings' discs. Also create the 'recovery media' through Win 8, open the charms bar, then search, type recdisc in the search box under Apps. Click on recdisc and that will allow you to create a recovery DVD/CD that can help if you get boot problems. There's also an option to create a recovery usb drive, click here.

The best option, though, is to have an image available if trouble strikes.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

rdave13 thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...