We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Norton 2012 on Windows 8

Mike_R

Likes # 0

I let my grandson use the spare version of my 3PC Norton 2012 on his new Windows 8 laptop, but he could not load it. Will he have to use Norton 2013, or does Windows 8 have adequate built-in protection? His laptop came with 3 months free anti virus software so he has a month or two yet to get something.

Like this post
steviekm

Likes # 0

Bought a new PC last November and loaded Norton Internet Security 2012 onto it same day without issues. Norton updates automatically to the 2013 version as they have dropped the yearly cycle to always provide the latest version during the period of your license.Looks like another issue may be causing your problems; have you taken off the antivirus installed on the pc before installing Norton? I would always put Norton above most other security suites out there, the light footprint and speed more than make up for the slightly better protection provided by bit-defender which results in a slower responding pc. incidentally, Webroot is more than worth a try-- no real footprint or slowdown of any type plus excellent protection-available for a free 6 month trial with facebook -it's all about horses for course. Hope you get it sorted!!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

norton 2012 working ok on w8 here, 2013 version has been withdrawn to fix bugs, but will auto update ver 2012 to 2013 via liveupdate soon.

latest version 2012 20.2.1.22

ver 2013 20.3.0.36 withdrawn

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i answered too quick ver 2013 now available again via liveupdate needs restart after download.

Like this post
Mike_R

Likes # 0

Thanks. I wouldn't mind betting that my grandson did not delete the preloaded antivirus.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?