We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Headphones are working only in Skype or with the speakers on

Jsoosaar

Likes # 0

Hello-hello,

I have a problem- actually for a long time, that something is really wrong with my speakers or headphones settings... or there is some problem with driver. So the thing is I'm unable to get any sound from any media player or youtube only from headphones. If I'm in Skype, everything is okay and I can hear people only from headphones. From media players- if I plug the headphones, the music is also coming from speakers. I have tried to turn on and off the speakers, tried to disable speakers manually in settings, but nothing helps. Also I have tried with different headphones, but the problem is same. Tried to restore my PC to previous state when everything was okay, but didn't help.

In case you need some specifications: the driver is IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, version:6.10.6319.0 The PC is HP PAvilion g6 with windows 7 and CPU is AMD A4-3300M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 1,90 GHz

Hopefully you understand the problem and my little bit bad English,

Thank you,

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'