We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Computer keeps working, laptop screen goes black

kamile.smith

Likes # 0

So I've just recently bought a Windows 8 touch screen computer. A strange problem has occurred after a week's use - as soon as I plug in my adaptor to charge the battery, the screen goes black, yet the computer keeps working. When I unplug the adaptor, make the computer go to sleep and open the lid again, the screen is lit up (when it runs on battery mode). Could I have changed the sleep/hibernate mode settings by accident or something?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Guess, it's a HP machine?

Plug in the charger, power up, then boot up.

See if it works then.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

One thing to note, when you plug in the charger, and the 'mains' is already on, it will do no good to your machine. Always connect the transformer to your laptop first, then, connect the transformer's three-pin plug to the mains socket. Swich on at the 'mains'.

Killed an old router of mine by not following this simple rule... :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer