We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Moving Windows Media Player from SSD

tony-guitar

Likes # 0

Hi, my pc is 7 months old. It has a 120Gb SSD primary drive that Windows 7 Home Prem is installed on and last time i looked there was under 50Gb free space left. However, alongside the SSD is a 1Tb HDD that's virtually empty by comparison. I've downloaded Picassa 3 to it and now put my photos there instead of using Windows' gallery. And so to my question. Can i put my music collection onto the HDD but still use WMP to play/rip/burn etc, or even move WMP to the HDD to do this? Alternatively, is there something similar that i can install on the HDD that will do a similar job to WMP, ie, store my collection and burn to cd if req (i have some vinyl i want to store too)? Thanks - Tony

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

You can store the media on the 1TB drive but keep WMP on the SSD.

All you need is to point WMP to the music files in its settings.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers