We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Computer Dummy needs help with Windows 7 !

carnut1929

Likes # 0

I am a 62 year old computer dummy, I recently bought two new HP computers one desktop and one laptop both have windows 7 loaded in them. Both suck, they keep having unexpected shutdowns and a whole host of other stuff that keeps going on. I have checked all over the internet and get a heck of a lot of technogeek language from people with their versions of fixes. So far what little I can decipher from their words nothing has helped. Is there anyone out there that can in simple plain english tell me if it is a problem with windows 7 or something I am doing.

Thanks CD

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Something you are doing.

Win 7 has some problems but normal use on a new machine should be OK.

Tell use your problems and your user setup - programs etc and we may be able to help.

Like this post
jamieamunra

Likes # 0

Hi carnut1929, do you have the latest updates on those machines? Click start then Windows updates and make sure you install the latest updates and see if that help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...