We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

F11 full-screen toggle not working in W 8

Beresford

Likes # 0

Up until now, I used F11 to toggle on/off full-screen when viewing photos (works on W7 & Vista). Now I can't get to full-screen on W8. Am I missing a trick?

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Don't think it is a Windows 8 problem per se as it works for me in both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Do you have a second browser installed with which you can check?

Like this post
Beresford

Likes # 0

This is not a browser problem. This is when I am viewing my own photos stored on my hard drive, using Picture Viewer. I used to be able to toggle full-screen on / off by clicking the 'F11' key. That doesn't seem to work on my Windows 8 laptop.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It works OK for me using Windows photo viewer. I have that set as default. F 11 for full screen and EXIT to return. Doesn't work with the Photo tile or Photo gallery.

Like this post
cooloox

Likes # 0

If you are talking about full screen for Internet Explorer 10 then it is Ctrl+F11. Just F11 works fine for me in Firefox; I tried it right before responding here :-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow