We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows does not regognise updates

Hetti

Likes # 0

When I click check for updates PC says I have "Never installed any updates" although it says there are no important updates available only two optional ones, I did about 11 updates on the 13th of last month and they showed up in "review installed updated" at that time, now there are none in that list. Win vista

PC is set to run updates at 3 o clock every day but it dont do them so I need to check every day.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Thanks chub-tor

I will print that out and when I visit my brother next week I will see if I can carry out the instructions.

Thanks

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Update I've not been able to get to my brothers yet, but he phoned me today and reported he gets error code 80072EFE alternating with the prevouis message. I looked online and some people found it was a root kit infection? anyone know anything abt this, I hope to to his house next week to help him (hopefully)

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

chub-tor

THanks that seems a more sraightfoward solution I will try that first. hopefully Monday afternoon.

thanks

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Chub-tor,

I went to brother's yesterday, tried to carry out the download from the link you provided (win fix it)but when I tried to open it I got the message "Cannot open file, do you want to search online for something to open it" I clicked OK but it came back with no results for it.

Same thing happened for the GophaSpeak link too.

The computer can download other software no problem as I downloaded Malwarebytes Okay

As his PC is working Ok I wonder if it would be safe to leave it as it is until such time there is another update for Vista then see what happens then?

Also is there a site where I could see when the last Vista update was issued?, with my very limited knowledge was thinking that maybe there have been none since the 13th of last month, with Vista being an old operating system.If this was so then at least we would know the PC is right when it reports "There are no important updates for your computer".

Thanks

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Microsoft issues its updates on the second Tuesday of every month *Patch Tuesday" and as it happens today is the day, so if there are going to be any updates for Vista you should see them in the next 24 hours if you are set to download them automatically.

In fact I have just checked for Windows 8 and there are 16 for me today so now would be a good time to check for Vista updates.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

chub-tor

Great thanks..... 3 update available and PC is doing them now, I dont know if they will be shown in the "Installed updates" yet, but at least I know "updates" are working

Thanks for your time

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger