We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Error message 2 every time I try and load iTunes

Banshee_lady

Likes # 0

Having finally bought myself an ipod I now cant seem to download iTunes fully! Every time I do I get "Apple application support was not found. Apple application support is required to run iTunesHelper. Please unistall iTunes, then install iTunes again. Error 2. 5 tries later and i am still no nearer using my new toy!! Any help PLEASE!!! ??

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Take a look here to uninstall/reinstall enter link description here

Like this post
Banshee_lady

Likes # 0

Have followed instructions and uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times and got the same error message. Apple support is useless! Typed in the serial number of my brand new ipod as instructed to be informed that as my product is over 5 years old they can't help me!?! Tempted to get a refund and buy an mp3!

Like this post
Banshee_lady

Likes # 0

Well after 136 views and only 1 reply I have come to the conclusion that the £150 odd pounds I just spent were wasted! Thanks a bunch Apple !! my shiney new ipod is now on Ebay and the ipad i had intended to buy this week can do one! lol I'm off to find a tablet (thats the electronic variety, not the valium I was tempted with on Saturday!)

Like this post
Rob Gibson

Likes # 0

I did a quick "Google" and found this at the top of the results:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2151777?start=0&tstart=0

There appears to be several suggestions that may help you.

I've NOT had this problem. Just an interested party.

Good luck.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...