We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is it possible to use two screens

fredsboy

Likes # 0

I have two laptops, one windows 7 the other windows 8. Is it possible to have a second screen connected on either of these showing a different page and if so how?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

What cable you need will depend on what connections you have on your laptop and the monitor or TV you which to connect to.So first we need to know what laptops you have then we will be able find out what the specs are.

Do you want to connect to a monitor or TV? Once you are connected then it is very simple to have different web pages on each screen.

Like this post
fredsboy

Likes # 0

Both laptops have a normal monitor connection, one has HDMI. However I just want to connect another monitor to either of the laptops so that 2 different pages can be displayed at the same time. I know you can split a screen but my wifes eyesight is a rather poor and she then cannot read the screen. She is researching her ancestors and wants to add information without having to switch.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Then you will either one of these. HDMI. Or one of these. VGA. This may or may not matter to you but VGA will only transmit video whereas HDMI will also transmit sound.

A bit of a walk-through here Obviously you will need to look your laptops manual for details of what key to press ETC.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Dual monitor setup, another bit of a walk-through microsoft.com two monitors

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......