We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to open .dtp file

bari

Likes # 0

Hi, in 2009 I created a file which I saved. Came across it today when having a clear out and tried to open it without success. I have tried scribus and a Serif dtp programme without success. I have used the file command in linux and have found out that it was made in a programme called Greenstreet publisher which I vaguely remember having on a laptop at the time. Can anyone suggest any other programme which would allow me to open this file and save it in a different format..

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try Greenstreet publisher. Unfortunately you might have to splash out a tenner, or so, from someone like Amazon, then convert to PDF, within the program. Which version is open to question. Typical of tec advances, leaves your back-ups useless at times.

Like this post
bari

Likes # 0

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately the version of Green Street being offered is unable to read older version .dtp files (that's progress for you). I had the original Green Street as a programme on an old laptop which has since gone, so it looks as if I am going to have to type the whole thing out again. Fortunately I still have the written copy and the photos. It was a account of a visit to Singapore and New Zealand with photos. Again thanks for trying to solve the problem.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you still have a printed rather than a handwritten copy you could always scan it and use an OCR programme then import it into a programme you use eg as a .doc or .pdf. That would save a lot of typing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow