We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 is like Vista (will wait for windows 9)

smoking44

Likes # 0

Windows 8 is horrid (just like vista wast when 1st available). We all know windows 7 is vista with most (if not all kinks solved). Windows 8 just is not compatible unless you have a very modern system (ie touch screen). It is more suitable for a tablet than a home pc, why would anyone pay for a touch screen monitor (who wants loads of finger marks on screen when you have paid over a £150 or more) spend more time cleaning than using.

Even my children hate windows 8 for pc (good for them). Will wait for Windows 9( if there is one)

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Rumour has it that Windows Blue will be out sometime this year and it will be free to those that have already downloaded W/8.

If you don't have W/8 you will need to pay to upgrade to Blue.

That is the rumour that is going about whether true or not I don't know.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Whilst Rumor Has it that Windows Blue Or Win 9 is due in the sumer they do not show which it is or ifs its new or just an update I havent seen anything relating to if its free

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

One of a few that has been ongoing since November.

Windows Blue

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i think blue is just SP1 and is being mentioned to give w8 users hope of imoprovement.

now what i would like to see included is this apps screen speeded up all the apps except desktop programs take ages to open up. the option to boot straight to desktop option for start button and programme menu ms games format and option to open in desktop sort out media player bring back fully working one as in w7 improve search not as good as in w7. option in desktop to search/restart /close etc this charms bar is too clumsey

it takes a while to get to grips with w8 and its frustrating but once there its a lot faster all round [ex apps]

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I like Win 8 and its Metro interface although I admit to having installed Start8 so that I also have the Win7 programme interface and Start button. I have no problems with the speed of the apps but the one change that I would make is to have back and forward arrow keys so that I could simply change between them. I use a conventional screen, keyboard and mouse and have found that they work perfectly well with Win8 and I do not need a touch screen. My mouse is a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse with a tilt wheel for sideways scrolling and this is a fast way of accessing all the Metro icons.

As sunnystaines says it is a lot faster to boot up and operate and is very stable.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It will start up quicker than a bloated W/7 full of updates and programs.

W/8 will probably be as slow as W/7 by the time W/9 appears that's the way it goes.

This is one problem that W/8 customers are getting and Microsoft gives no support.Now there is 12 pages everyone with the same complaint and Google is full of the same sort of pages.

Click here

So I suppose we should be thankful that our computers are working Ok but what does it do to Microsoft's reputation when most of the complaints are from customers with new computers with W/8 on them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...