We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Revert to Windows 7 from Windows 8 Upgrade

KISP

Likes # 0

Hi,

Can anyone please help. I need to revert back to Windows 7 from Windows 8 to enable compatibility with some audio interface products. However, my lap top was already installed with Windows 7 and I do not have a disk to re-install.

I am pretty much a novice when it comes to working my way round the operating system (which doesn't bode well for my foray into audio interfaces!) so I would really appreciate some 'idiot proof' advice as to how I go about removing Windows 8 and re-installing Windows 7.

Many thanks,

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Has it a back to factory settings on it if so use that.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Did you not make a set of recovary disc? you could use those. A make and model may also be helpful

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you know the version of Windows 7 that was installed and you can read the Keycode that is usually stuck on the bottom of your laptop then you can download a Win 7 iso from here burn it to a DVD and re-install Win 7. You may have to call Microsoft to explain what you have done when you activate Win 7.

Like this post
KISP

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replies. The make and model is Toshiba L670 - don't know if that helps, but no I didn't make a recovery disk.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Click Here for a procedure to restore the laptop to factory settings but there seems to be some confusion as to which key initiates it. F8 seems to be the most popular choice but F12 is also mentioned in some threads. If you have the manual that should tell you the key for your model.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......