We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

File and print sharing wont stay ticked???

matjoss

Likes # 0

Hi all, I have a problem on a friends pc. She has been using her laptop networked to her pc for years but all of a sudden the laptop can not access the pc hard disk. When she goes into file and print sharing in network and sharing center the file and print sharing is set to off. I try and tick the on button but it just reverts back to off. I looked in the network adapter settings under properties and to make sure it was ticked in there but it is not there.

Do I need to re install it and if so how????

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Matt

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Go into the Network Connections folder ("Start > Run", type ncpa.cpl and click OK), right click the network adapter (Wireless Network Connection) and select Properties.

In the properties, there should be...

• Client for Microsoft Networks
  • File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

...and both should be ticked. If either is missing, click the Install button and, in the box that opens, select Client to reinstall the missing item(s).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days