We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I don't believe it - IE10 for Windows 7

Pine Man
Resolved

Likes # 0

As Victor Meldrew would have said "I don't believe it"!

I have just installed the final release of IE10 for Windows 7 and it certainly appears to be faster that both Firefox and Chrome AND, more importantly, it seems to load PCA pages much faster as well!!

YeeeHaaaa!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I tried it some weeks ago but had a lot of problems with it. I do not know if the bugs have been sorted but I think I will give it a miss until I see more reviews.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I've been so impressed with IE10 that I now use it as my default browser, instead of Chrome.

There are one or two very minor niggles, but in all other respects it's very good indeed.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

I'm also impressed with IE10 and have it as my default and I use it for everything except the PCA site where I fin it laggy and jerky. For PCA I still use Chrome.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

chub_tor , strangely enough, the other night, PCA site ran faster on IE10 Win 8. One moment it was opening pages slowly (blue circle) then bingo - pages loading faster. Thought it was the Towers had done something but FE said it wasn't their efforts. This happened before the new updates.

FE, sun still shining.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

rdave13

Shush!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Just installed IE10 on W7 and am impressed. PCA opened far faster than with Chrome.

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

Installed a couple of days ago - does seem a little faster than IE9.

There does not seem to be a separate 32 and 64 bit version, as was the case with IE9, even though files have installed in both Program Files and Program Files (X86) folders. Curious. Apparently in Win8 you can choose to enable either version. Anyone concur?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I have both the 32 and 64bit versions loaded.

Like this post
imustbemad

Likes # 0

if you do get problems with IE10 you can hit F9 and it will allow sites to run normally

Like this post
Nosmas

Likes # 0

I do not wish to 'hijack' his thread but would appreciate some advice from those of you who have updated/upgraded to IE10. I am running W7 Home Premium SP1 and IE8, with IE10 waiting in MS Updates to be installed. I did not install IE9 and hope I can go straight to IE10. My main concern is that I seem to recall reading somewhere that when installing (updating?) EITHER IE9 or IE10, one will lose the Favourites and History files. Can anyone confirm or refute this please? Also it has been suggested to me that IE9 is a pre-requisite to installing IE10 and therefore one cannot go straight form IE8 to IE10.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

Will I be affected by VAT MOSS? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers