We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I install games and software?

prbentley

Likes # 0

Hi

For some reason games and other software won't install, after the next procedure steps, the installation goes into limbo, even though in task manager it is stated as responsive.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, 64 bit Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Processor Count: 8 RAM: 8079 Mb Graphics Card: Microsoft Basic Render Driver, 7 Mb Hard Drives: C: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 751285 MB; F: Total - 476906 Motherboard: ASRock, Z77 Extreme4 Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus 2013, Updated and Enabled

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Not sure what the problem is but as you use AVG you will not need to use Windows Defender so I would go into services and disable Defender and stop it running.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Have you tried this, Place the CD/DVD in the drive and select the open option The highligh the Install option, right click and select run as adminstrater

Like this post
prbentley

Likes # 0

I tried the Windows Defender (firewall) disable, and the 'run as administrator' but it had no effect on the installation speed.

When I installed Crysis 2, the installation process goes into limbo, then after an hour or more it kicks in, and begins to install, its as if something is effecting the DVD RW reading speed,

PS: I have installed the latest firmware, for the DVD RW!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...