We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

News in Thunderbird

PeterC2

Likes # 0

Does anybody know how to find newsgroups in Thunderbird - I am using Windows 7

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Have a look at Mozilla's Creating a Newsgroup Account page.

Like this post
PeterC2

Likes # 0

mgmcc Many thanks for your response. But when I follow your link I am advise to click FILE/NEW etc. There is no 'File' tab on the Thunderbird page at which I am looking :-(. I do not like windows 7!!

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Which version of Thunderbird are you using? The current version is 17.0.3. I use it, with windows 7, and there is certainly the option as in mgmcc's post above. The file tab is at the top of the page.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

"There is no 'File' tab on the Thunderbird page at which I am looking"

Press the Alt key to reveal the Menu bar, then the File option will be available.

Like this post
PeterC2

Likes # 0

Got it at last!! Using 'ALT' to find the Menu bar was the key. Many thanks to all who took the trouble to reply.

PeterC

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers