We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MSN Homepage freezing up problem

Tranestation

Likes # 0

I have Windows 7 and have MSN as one of my homepages however over the last couple of days every time the homepage comes up, it freezes and a dialogue box at the bottom of the page says no response from MSN.com.

All other homepages work, no problem with internet access to any webpages and no other problems. All other MSN sites (US / Europe etc.) are ok so is there a problem with MSN's UK home page or is there something that may need resetting.

Any help appreciated

Trane

Like this post
Tranestation

Likes # 0

Sorry

Just to add that this occurs also if I access the MSN page through any search engine that has a link to msn.com

Regards Trane

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Which Browser are you using? Browser might need to be re-set.

Like this post
Tranestation

Likes # 0

Nontek

IE 9

Trane

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I never use IE, my browser is Firefox, but I would still advise you to try a re-set of IE.

I had a similar problem with my MSN UK home page in Firefox, resetting Firefox fixed the problem.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

PS - I am also using Win7.

Like this post
Tranestation

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. It seems odd that the page appears and freezes. Does anyone knows what happens when a webpage appears. Are you simply hitting a link that connects to, for example in this case MSN. The dialogue box also asks if you want to recover the webpage. If you click yes then a box opens with a green bar saying windows is looking for a solution. I don't know if it does or not but after maybe 20 seconds or so the box and page go and it defaults into a Bing page.

Regards Steve

Like this post
Tranestation

Likes # 0

Interestingly enough, about 5 mins ago the problem seems to have gone. I do suspect it is an MSN thing but just in case I have changed my default homepage to something far more readable !!!

I would be interested however if anyone had this problem

Kind regards Trane

Like this post
radi8or

Likes # 0

Same here W7 with IE10, over the last few days exactly the same problem, have tried resetting IE, no change, even resorted to uninstalling IE10 but IE9 was the same.

Strangely enough MSN is fine on W8 separate HD dual boot.

Like this post
jeski100

Likes # 1

This has driven me up the wall for a few days. It doesn't make sense but Adobe flash player 11 had installed about a week earlier and uninstalling this cured the trouble at once

Like this post
rougegorge

Likes # 0

Jeski, thanks a lot,cured

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...