We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

w8 some minor points stuck on

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

how do I make a desktop shortcut or pin to taskbar windows mediaplayer please.

windows key + C takes to charms to restart or shutdown, is there any button I can download to put these options on the desktop like in w7&vista.

is there a way to play freecell etc from the desktop without going to the apps which are slow and badly presented.

also a shortcut to Word for the desktop too.

is it normal for these apps to be slow opening especially freecell

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If you right click an app on the start page, then select 'file location' on the bottom tool bar, the location opens in the desktop. Right click the file and select 'create a short cut'. My apps aren't slow to open but need to load.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've had a look at Freecell and there are 16 free apps for this.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

rdave thanks just had the w8 laptop replaced once set up i will look at those.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

sunnystaines , what was the matter with the new one?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just out of curiosity.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

the new laptop last week a samsung np700z5c-so3uk on boot up and open some progrms got a fast double bleep, store tech support said motherboard fault, exchanged for a new one today and last few mins this one started too with double bleeps waiting in queue for live support from samsung been waiting 20 mins so far.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

sunnystaines , two beeps could mean bad config of ram or another chip on mobo in my most humble opinion. My immediate reaction would be to ask for a refund as two same models are doing the same.

To be fair to the seller, and they have tried, it looks like a manufacturers fault.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Take it back to the seller after talking to Samsung and ask for a reimbursment. It's the retailers problem now to contact the manufacturer (Samsung). You should not be doing it any way.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

rdave i am giving it one more try, putting the faults aside the laptop is very fast, its a great laptop really like it so much better than everything else i have looked at. thats the reason i am hoping to get it sorted, trawled the internet no one else has reported the problem but then again my first call to JL I was told it was normal also samsung said this till i pushed them into listening to the bleeps over the phone and insisted they talk me through muting them.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Best of luck, hope you get a working one without this fault.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes