We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

w8 some minor points stuck on

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

how do I make a desktop shortcut or pin to taskbar windows mediaplayer please.

windows key + C takes to charms to restart or shutdown, is there any button I can download to put these options on the desktop like in w7&vista.

is there a way to play freecell etc from the desktop without going to the apps which are slow and badly presented.

also a shortcut to Word for the desktop too.

is it normal for these apps to be slow opening especially freecell

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just seen the other thread.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

In some ways they've made some things unnecessarily more long winded compared to Windows 7 and previous. The obvious thing would be to have a create a desktop short cut on the bottom bar. I configured my power button to shut down as the W8 on screen shut down is long winded compared to previous versions from the start globe.

The calendar app that isn't working right for me yet needs an unnecessary right click to bring up the view options and the today button, these all need to be on top permanently for ease of use.

Like this post
wizzboy

Likes # 0

i have learned to day that they are working on window 9

But Microsoft, meanwhile goes on and has been developing a full-fledged Windows 9. While it's not known whether it will be updated kernel version 6.3 or a completely new NT 7.0 core. If there will be a new kernel, there also will be a new DirectX 12, or, at least 11.2. Microsoft refuses a 32 bit architecture and will go only on 64 bit, or maybe Microsoft finally will release 128-bit operating system. Well, what I know so far – three Windows 9 builds: 9220; 6.2.9278 and 6.2.9304 Early also mentioned build 9622, but it's probably Not real. according to one user from Wzor site large companies already have in their hands (Alphas & Betas) of Windows 9 or windows blue. i think you can say window 8 is a big flop

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That sounds like a real whizz...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015