We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win 8 Map App

chub_tor

Likes # 0

I have been playing around with the People App that links to the Map App on the Metro tiles so that if you have an address in People it can automatically take you to the Map to show you either on in map view or aerial view where the person lives. What I haven't been able to do is to view the location in Street View (as you can in Google Maps". Does anyone know if this feature is available? I have a hunch that they are Bing Maps and that Street View does not exist but I would like a second opinion.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The Map app is Bing Maps. To get street view you need G Maps app. Go to start page, search, type G Maps in the search box and select the store app lower down. That should get you to the G Maps installation.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

OK and if I do that can I make the People app automatically link to that instead of using Bing maps?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow