We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 mail not required...help!!!

Gaz4545

Likes # 0

Hi, Have upgraded to Windows 8 and following joining instructions I signed up with a Hotmail account to log into Windows 8...this has now made the Mail app the only way to get my mail, however I don't want to have to sign into mail with my Hotmail account as I already have an email account with sky. This, however is linked via my Hotmail account now...which I don't want as it gives a Hotmail return address instead of my Sky one! How can I stop Windows Mail from getting my emails?..I have installed Outlook as an independent email for my sky as a stand alone program....but Windows Mail is getting all my Sky email delivered there, thus leaving my Outlook empty. I have tried deleting the Mail app but I need to reinstall it to get my Sky emails, albeit having to log into the Mail app with a Hotmail account............HELP PLEASE!!! I am at present answering all emails from my phone so my sending address says SKY and not HOTMAIL....thanks.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe have a read at this from PCA forum.

Click here

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have you installed Window Live Mail? You can access all your accounts that are linked from there. So you can also remove an account. To get the Mail app back, click on the Store tile, once opened then right click and select 'Your Apps' and Mail will be under 'Apps not installed on this PC'.

I use Windows Live Mail from the desktop mainly. It's the upgrade from the old 'Outlook'.

Like this post
Gaz4545

Likes # 0

Hi...yes...that's the main problem I feel.....The windows Mail app is working fine...but to access Windows Mail I have to log in under a Hotmail account...this certainly brings up all my emails from sky...but when I reply to them it gives the Hotmail address and not my Sky one! I installed Outlook from Microsoft Office as a stand alone mail program....like I had with outlook express on XP..but Windows mail gets all my emails...thus leaving my Outlook without...Outlook is what I want to use as I can send a reply with my sky address and not with a Hotmail address as Window Mail uses when I reply from there...just want to bypass Windows Mail and use good old Outlook. I had Microsoft remotely use my pc...but they still could not just get my outlook as the default...and yes I have it as a default already....HELP!!!!!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

When you 'send' an email, in WLM, on the right hand side you can select who you send from. Click the arrow for the list of your email accounts. I use WLM from the desktop not from the tile.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just had a look at sending from the mail tile and the option is there. There's an arrow top left, click on it and it will allow you to change account you send from.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad