We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My screen has been turned sideways on my laptop

disneymadcouple101

Likes # 0

My screen has been turned sideways on laptop and I cannot get it to go back the correct way around can anyone help me, my niece was playing her games and cannot remember what she pressed

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Make and model of laptop ??

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Right click a clear area on the desktop and select 'Screen Resolution', look at the dropdown box labelled 'Orientation' and ensure it is set to 'Landscape'. Click 'Apply' and 'OK'.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

johndrew ... has it correctly, so ignore my post!

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

The alternative is to use Ctrl, Alt and up arrow at the same time. I suspect that someone has been playing the same trick that childish people use in stores with computers on display. Often they are seen with inverted or sideways on screens.

Like this post
disneymadcouple101

Likes # 0

Thank you all for the help much appreciated :-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good