We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

win 8 microsoft monopoly hits home

surveyor01

Likes # 0

My question is also a statement we let Microsoft have a monopoly so we deserve win 8 and all it's problem. I would not have bought a new computer if I knew win 8 would operate the way it does. It does things I don't want it to do and I have no idea or what I did to enlarge the screen to make it unreadable and start all over at times to bring it back. I didn't ask how to fix or use it as I use mine for work and all those who play have the time I don't. In a competitive environment more testing and user friendly software would be used before a release. We can fix this by writing your congressman and tell him time to break up this monopoly and the size of this beast it will help us in the future.

Like this post
xox101

Likes # 1

I would have thought a far easier way to "fix" it would be to learn how to fix it. After all it is your computer.

Downloading and installing Classic Shell then going into Preferences/Settings and bypassing the weather screen so it goes straight to the Desktop would solve 99% of your problems. That should take all of ten minutes of your valuable time.

Or you could install one of the many different Linux distributions. And leave MS forever.

Or you could buy an Apple Mac.

Or you could build your own Hackintosh and have a cheaper Apple Mac.

Or you could buy one of the many Tablets with detachable keyboards which run Android.

Or you could buy a Chromebook.

Or you could just grow up and stop trolling.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

w8 is many times faster than w7.

i am still learning but if you disable the lock screen, set it to auto enter the password. then go though the apps i found most were a waste and used up resources so deleted quiet a few.

even the internet seems so much faster. samsung has its own program menu in its quick starter software, saves useing classic shell or startmenu8

only draw back is setting it all up and learning your way around.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I like Windows 8, glad I switched and I will not be writing to my congressman (if I had one) or even my MP (which I do).

This post edited by Forum Editor to remove unacceptable comment. 15/02/2013

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...