We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

going back to start after seconds on a site

waterworld61

Likes # 0

hello could you please help me this is the very first time ive had a computer this is what happpends I do a search I most the time use bing as the search and when I get to the web site some times I get sent back to the start page I have a gateway windows 8 desk top why would this do it it does not happon all the time but it sould not do this at all thanks

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

If you are using I/Explorer try and download Firefox and see if that works ok.

If you decide to try it select English [British] depending where you stay.

Firefox

Make sure that the ASK toolbar is not bundled with it if so untick it.

Make sure you have downloaded all of the Windows updates as there have been a few for I/E as some have had problems with it shutting down.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Just in case you are using a 64Bit version of windows.Go to Tools.And tick Compatibility View that might sort your problem out.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more