We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

C++ Runtime Library error message when selecting a folder

redcarpet

Likes # 0

Hi folks. I have a problem when I click on a particular folder in my computer. (I don't have to open it, I only have to select it).

I get an error message from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library saying, 'This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information'. The application (which I assume is Windows Explorer), has to restart. I have no problems selecting any other folders.

The problem folder is on my external hard drive, which hasn't been connected for a couple of weeks. But I then found that the error occurred on that folder's copy on the internal drive. (The two drives are not synced - I had simply made a back-up copy about a month ago).

Can anyone help?

MG. PS I have run AVG 2013 maintenance, and this hasn't helped.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You could reinstall the runtime components that might fix it. ClickHere social.technet.microsoft.com

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow