We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unwanted UniBlue. How to get rid.

geordiefred

Likes # 0

Three days ago I clicked on the UniBlue panel for a computer scan. I decided I did not want their service after it ran a scan. Now everytime I start up the laptop, the first thing to appear is the UniBlue panel and it takes a minute or so to get rid of it. I found it had installed itself in 'Programmes', but I removed it from there, but even so it still apppears on the desktop each time I start up. Suggestions please for its permanent removal.

Like this post
geordiefred

Likes # 0

Jock1e, Thanks for your suggestion. Prior to trying your remedy it was suggested I try, " Revo Uninstaller." I downloaded that and have now removed UniBlue.

Like this post
geordiefred

Likes # 0

A bit late in the day for this, but as I say in my last post, I got rid of it by using " Revo Uninstaller." I am well past retirement age, and a novice with computers (3 yrs experience) but Revo Uninstaller is very simple to use. I can only recommend it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G4 Note UK release date and specification rumours: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 killer could be the LG 3......

IDG UK Sites

In defence of BlackBerrys

IDG UK Sites

Why we should reserve judgement on Apple ditching Helvetica in OS X/iOS for the Apple Watch's San...

IDG UK Sites

Retina 3.3GHz iMac 27in preview: Apple cuts £400 of price of Retina iMac with new model